A Utility Hearing Board is available to hear village-owned utility concerns including;
- any customer appeal of a Termination of Service Notice.
- other disputes, claims, or customer complaints.
- charges brought forth by the Village in regard to any issued citation regarding Village-owned utilities.
If a hearing is requested, the customer:
- has the right to appear at the hearing with or without legal representation.
- has the right to present evidence and make oral argument to the Hearing Board.
- has the right to a new meter reading if the reading is in dispute.
- has the right to cross-examine witnesses at the hearing.
- has the right to examine, at least three (3) days prior to the scheduled hearing, a list of all documents, records, and similar material related to the dispute.
- shall bring to the hearing all information that is of importance to or which may be referred to or used by the customer.